We are taking action across all elements of inclusive growth.
The Scottish Government defines inclusive growth as: “Growth that combines increased prosperity with greater equity; that creates opportunities for all and distributes the dividends of increased prosperity fairly”.
We are taking action in the following key areas to make sure the fundamentals are right:
- Investment: boosting private and public investment and delivering world-class infrastructure.
- Enterprise: streamlining business support and ensuring a competitive business environment.
- International: growing exports and international investment and attracting global talent.
- Innovation: supporting world-leading innovation and a dynamic digital economy.
- Skills: providing a highly skilled workforce through education, training and re-skilling.
- Place: supporting thriving places throughout Scotland: in our regions, cities, towns and rural areas, including our islands.
- People: moving toward a world-leading working life where fair work drives success, wellbeing and prosperity for individuals, employers and society.
- Sustainability: seizing the economic opportunities of the transition to a carbon neutral economy.
We will take these actions forward in a way that reflects our unwavering commitment to delivering inclusive growth across all of Scotland.